Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Winner Week Sweet 16

And the winner is...

Kendra Connor! Kendra is now enjoying her two new aluminum water bottles, along with her special Sweet 16 prize of sugar cookies with PINK frosting. Way to go Kendra! Happy Sweet 16!

I had a number of correct guesses for this image. It is the old machine shop building on the corner of Ross Road and Route 1 in Kennebunk. Take a look.

I love this old building. My friend, Charlie-who's-lived-here-all-his-life worked here when he was a kid. I think that's cool. Remember the days when we actually had things repaired; small appliances and machines like toasters and lawn mowers and snow blowers, and we didn't just replace them? Anyway, I've come up with about a dozen different types of businesses that could be perfect in this little space, my favorite being a Scooter Store. Can't you see it? Gleaming scooters of all different colors lined up out front, and inside is the showroom, all bright and filled with all kinds of cool, colorful scooter accouterments such as racing stripe and flower power stickers, baskets to hold farmers market finds, and maybe even streamers for the "handle bars". Of course, the outside would be painted in a fun and happy way, with bright colors and cool graphics. In the room on the side would a cool dude who repairs scooters and outfits them with all those accessories found in the showroom, and will even paint your business logo on the front if you want. One of my many dream businesses.
So, tomorrow is another day, another photo. I've already taken the photo - so those of you who drive around on Thursday mornings hoping to catch me out with my camera to get a jump on things (and cheat) are OUTTA LUCK.
Scoot Scoot See Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you can post a photo challenge guess, or a comment on what you see here. I'd love to hear from you!