Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Winner - Week 11, and more goodies

Congratulations to Alicia, the winner of the Photo Challenge, Week 11. Alicia walks away with a beautiful, cherry cutting board, handmade by Bill Huston of Huston & Company (yes, connections are important as I'm quickly running out of prize ideas).

The photo was taken at the Storer Street mansion - the beautiful old home with the barn that was built around a tree.

Here are a few other images from the Storer Street Mansion.



And, if you're interested in buying the joint (or just seeing the inside), check out this real estate video that my friend over at Merriland Appraisals sent to me. It's lovely inside.

On another note entirely, here's a fun little diddy that I found at Ad Broad, about live performance art in NYC. I think we should do something like this at the town hall here. Right on the steps. Anyone game?

And for those of you that are hankerin' for another recipe to try out, this one from Lisa's Cocina looks pretty darn good to me. I'm going to try it this week. Gotta pick some more carrots!

Last night I made fried carrots and green beans from the garden. They were quite scrumptious. I just put together bread crumbs (I made my breadcrumbs from homemade gluten free bread made from this mix), flour (I used Pamela's dry mix again instead of wheat flour) and italian seasoning in a dish, and mixed eggs and milk with salt and pepper in another dish, dipped the veggies in the wet and then the dry and fried them up. I salted them after and sprinkled them with lime. Mmmmmm. Last week I did the same with squash and zucchini rounds. Just as delicious. Even the kids jumped at them.

Don't forget to Snippet, and I'll post a new photo tomorrow. By the way, Snippeting instructions are to the right, under the Photo Challenge instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you can post a photo challenge guess, or a comment on what you see here. I'd love to hear from you!