Saturday, August 15, 2009

New Snippet

I can't help it. I have to post a new Snippet. I love snippeting and I just came across a lovely tidbit. First though, I have to tell you where the last snippet came from - you know, to be all legal and everything.
That little tiddy came from one of my favorite books in my collection of vintage or just plain old books: Heloise's Kitchen Hints, by Heloise, published in 1963 by Prentice Hall. This comes from page 2, in a very plucky explanation about how to organize your kitchen cabinets by the color of the items in them. You know, green-pickles, yellow-corn. According to Heloise (and I believe everything she says) it makes it very very easy to find things, even for the husbands, who according to Heloise can't find anything without their wives. As much as I love my lady Heloise, I think my husband could find the pickles quite on his own.


So, today I give you a completely different kind of snippet. I'm anxious to see how this one goes.

In the day-time you felt that you had got high up, near to the sun, but the early mornings and evenings were limpid and restful, and the nights were cold.
Watcha got to say about that?

2 comments:

Critter's Mom said...

That's what's wonderful about a retreat to the mountains. The quiet, the air, the stars. It reminds you how black a sky truly can be, and how brilliant the tiny millions of sparkles "up there" really are.

Anonymous said...

One could work a path through the day, closing task after task, toiling in the heat, feeling it press upon you with great deference and control. But in the evening the air came cool and easy and with clear head and crisp thoughts there was an eagerness to express, through table side story-telling or letters to distant relations, or playmaking and dancing, that new energy that was found with the parting of the sun.

Post a Comment

This is where you can post a photo challenge guess, or a comment on what you see here. I'd love to hear from you!