Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dancing Feet!

My own wedding (the anniversary of which is today - 14 years, thank you!) was held outside at a lakeside home. To allow me to get around more easily after the ceremony, my mother made these for me...

MY WEDDING SNEAKERS. I love them. I wore them all afternoon with my wedding gown and was able to run in the grass and dance and feel comfortable, without sacrificing that bridal feeling. You can see a little grass stain on the toes!

When my brother got married, my mother made Wedding Sneakers for my sister-in-law too; another outdoor wedding. And she was glad to have them when it began to pour, so she didn't ruin her official wedding shoes.

My mother's wedding will also be outside. So, I made her these on Monday night...

And I certainly didn't want Mike to feel left out, so I worked on these on Sunday night...

Counting on the assumption that Mom and Mike are far too busy to be reading my blog this week, I wanted to share these with you. I will give them as a surprise on Thursday, at a mini shower my sister-in-law and I are having with my mother. I hope they enjoy them!

1 comment:

nana said...

July 8

I WAS too busy to look at the blog last week. So I was surprised when Kate presented us with our sneakers on Thursday. And delighted. Where did she find the time! I wore them for dancing at the wedding. Maybe my legs wouldn't have been so sore the next day if I'd put the sneakers on sooner!

Good to see Kate's sneakers again, too.

Sandy (the bride) Breen

Post a Comment

This is where you can post a photo challenge guess, or a comment on what you see here. I'd love to hear from you!